With school starting today in Muscatine, schedules are getting busier. It’s finally time to admit that summertime is coming to a close. It was enjoyable to see the way our community embraced the summer. From seeing our parks and trails system utilized to observing the way Muscatine came together to welcome RAGBRAI to our town, citizens of Muscatine were active and engaged! We even gained a new downtown street fest called Muscatine Second Saturday, which takes place the second Saturday of every month from June to October from 5-8 p.m.
Having full schedules means it may be difficult to stay up-to-date on relevant information. That’s where the City of Muscatine’s communications efforts come in. Our goal is to keep you informed about what your city government is doing and create opportunities for open communication with you. We want to share how we are working to make Muscatine better while also hearing from you about how we can best move us into the future.
- Like the City of Muscatine Facebook Page – Facebook is by far the place we tend to see the greatest level of engagement with citizens. We post regularly about anything from construction projects to the services we offer to job opportunities. Staying connected with us on Facebook is a wonderful way to keep informed.
- Follow us on Twitter – Like on Facebook, Twitter is a place for us to share timely information about what’s happening in the City.
- Sign up for Notify Me – Our website has a great feature called Notify Me that allows you to receive text or email notifications about areas that interest you. Take a look at the and sign up for notifications. You can get notifications about anything from City Council Agendas to Kent-Stein Field Conditions to Declared Snow Emergency information.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter – We send out a monthly newsletter via MailChimp that gives an overview of news from each of the City’s departments. The newsletters are a great way for you to read and stay informed in one place. It’s delivered right to your email inbox so you don’t have to search for information.
- Attend a City Council Meeting – The City Council meets the first, second and third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at City Hall in the Council Chambers. Meetings are televised on Channel 2, the Government Access Channel. We also have a YouTube Channel where videos of the meetings are shared.
- Of course, we can’t wrap up this blog post without pointing out that another way to stay connected with the City of Muscatine is by following this blog! You can do so by clicking the “Follow” button at the bottom right of the screen. Enter your email address to receive blog posts directly in your inbox.
We hope that by utilizing some of these 6 ways to connect with the City that you will be able to stay informed and engaged as we work together to enable Muscatine to thrive!