The Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department takes pride in maintaining clean, quality facilities for use by citizens and visitors.
There are 14 shelters within the City of Muscatine’s park system and on average the Parks and Recreation Department sees 400 rentals per year. Advance shelter reservations may be made one day less than a year prior to the desired date.
Each shelter contains approximately 6 picnic tables. The rental period is the full day during park hours (5 a.m. to 11 p.m.) for a fee of $30 for residents and $40 for non-residents. Extra tables may be reserved for a $15 fee for 3 tables. To make a reservation you may do so in person at the Parks and Recreation office at City Hall or by phone with a credit card payment at 563-263-0241.
On the day of a reservation at a shelter, Parks and Recreation staff will post the notice of reservation on the shelter and clean it between the hours of 6-8 a.m. The shelter is prepared for use on the morning of the same day of the reservation.
Your satisfaction is our highest priority, but please keep in mind that once our staff members have prepared the site, some situations are out of our control.
Guidelines for Usage Success
- Parks open at 5 a.m. and close at 11 p.m.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the parks.
- Fire is only allowed in grills.
- Dogs must be on a leash of no more than 6′ in length.
- Motor vehicles are allowed only on roads and parking areas.
- Your receipt is your permit. Please have your receipt available throughout the duration of your event.
- If you see anything in a park or facility which is in disrepair, or if you witness vandalism at any time, please notify the Muscatine Parks and Recreation Department at 563-263-0241 within business hours. If it is outside of business hours, you may contact dispatch at the Muscatine Police Department at 563-263-9922.
We hope you enjoy your experience utilizing your park system and take the opportunity to rent a shelter for your next outing!
For more information about the shelters available for rent, see our Facilities Listing.